Sunday, April 17, 2016

Week 14 Reading Reflecton

1. I was surprised about the detail into foreign and global business. When I think of an entrepreneur, a local startup is what comes to mind. It is hard for me to grasp the growing idea of an international business but it is really neat to think about all the businesses that started as a local shop and now have to take these global concerns into account.

2. In the reading, the idea of corporate venturing is discussed and they list three ways in which this happens. Internal corporate venturing, cooperative cooperate venturing and external corporate venturing are all listed but not explained of differentiated which makes understanding their importance confusing.

3. I would ask why they did not feel the need to differentiate between these three types. I would also ask which is the most advantageous to achieve corporate venture.

4. I think the author was wrong when he said that when rules are followed they create an environment conducive to entrepreneurial thinking. Entrepreneurs think outside of the box and they get to their success often by not following the typical rule of thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment