Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Celebrating Failure

My failure is actually in this class. So many times this semester, I have lost points simply because I have not managed my time or my calendar well. I forget that assignments are due or I forget that they are due at 9pm instead of midnight like all of my other classes. Just this past Sunday, I missed out on 3 points because I was at an event until 10pm and forgot to submit the assignments before I went.

I have learned that I need to set reminders in my phone for things that go against my normal schedule. I am so used to school assignments being due at midnight that this class has been a constant struggle. I should of set weekly reminders to go off on my phone at the very beginning. I've learned that my body and mind are very used to repetition and when something goes against the norm for me I need to take extra measures to remember.

Even though my failure was actually in this class, I have also learned things about myself from the material. I have pushed boundaries and discovered new skills. I have made myself more comfortable dealing with strangers and I have discovered new passions for the business world. I've learned that failure is inevitable but its what you do after you fail that really matters.


3 comments:

  1. How you react to failures is very important. It can really bring a person down, and it's certainly not easy going back up. I agree, it can be challenging to keep up with the 9 pm due times. I've revamped how I keep track of assignments this semester partly because of that. If you're interested, I'll link my blog post below.

    http://ent3003entreprenerdship.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kaila,
    I agree that it was really hard to keep up with the due dates for this class especially with it going against a normal schedule. I had another class with similar "odd" due dates and times,which threw me off also. It's good that you grew from the mistakes you made, and you learned more about yourself. Also love the Office meme. Here's my blog http://triedbloggingendeduponpinterest.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kaila,
    I feel your pain when it comes to time management! I sometimes forget about things because I am so busy. Actually I think that in the beginning of the semester I forgot that the due date times for this class was 9 p.m instead of midnight, so we both messed up there. On a side note I love the .gif! If you would like to check out my blog post feel free! http://dillondunn.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2-dillon-dunn.html

    ReplyDelete