In order to optimize the search engine results, I used a letter at the beginning of the alphabet as my blog title. I also used keywords continuously like blog, post, information and key words directly related to the topic.
I did refine my keywords throughout the semester. Originally, I was primarily using the word blog. I then realized that when people search a topic they might be just as likely to search "post" so I started adding that phrase as well. I also used words related to my business venture and constantly used my business title, Shop & Drop.
For this particular blog, I did not use social media efforts since I am in the beginning stages of planning. If this idea were to come to life, I would use my social media platforms to share and highlight stories from my blog and encourage readers to check it out.
I didn't share my posts on social media bu if I had, I think the posts with the most graphics and videos would have been the most viewed and would have gotten the most shares. All text pieces are less likely to keep a readers attention.
I was not able to find my blog on the goggle search so it looks like I still have some work to do to get my idea out there!

Hey Kaila,
ReplyDeleteI wasn't so lucky with the search results for my blog either. I like the tactics you used to enhance the search-ability for your blog. Which one of your posts was the most popular with the highest views? I'm curious to know if it was similar to my post that had the highest ratings. I tried implementing the name of my blog into the content of my posts. Looks like I'll have to chalk that up as a useless approach. Either way, we have all come a long way in terms of managing a blog. Great job this semester. Check out my post if you can. I would love to have your feedback.
Richard
http://richardjeffries.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html