Looking back, my impression of the first interview is one that I would expect to have. I did not know much about starting a business or maintaining one and I think it showed.
Interview
Yes. Life is about risks. Not taking random shots in the dark and hoping they pan out, but taking calculated risks with good judgement and planning that yield results.
2. Your business is successful but if it was not would you still be happy you made the attempt?
If my business had not worked out, I probably would have had moments of regret and many moments of reconsideration but at the end of the day I would be happy that I had a dream and I pursued it because many people don't.
3. If you could do it all again, would you do it differently?
I wouldn't trade where I am now, I wouldn't go back to hope to be in a better place but I would go back and ask for help sooner when I wasn't sure where to turn. My success was delayed multiple times in my journey and I could have gotten where I wanted to be if I had the courage to ask for a hand sooner.
I've learned a lot in this class about being an entrepreneur and I think it shows in my interview questions that what I want to know more about is the risk factor. I don't know that I am the type of person that could jeopardize so much for an idea. I would have to have an overwhelming belief that I would succeed in order to jump into something that could potentially fail.
ReplyDeleteHey Kaila, I really like the kind of questions you asked and I really wish I could’ve asked the entrepreneur that I was interviewing the same questions. You definitely learned a lot about risk and how to respond to them. I really liked your post, if you want you can check mine out at http://tristansentblog.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html.
Hi Kaila,
ReplyDeleteI really like the questions you asked your entrepreneur. I really like the second one you asked. I wonder what he would have done if his business did fail. Would he have gone to work for corporate America or would he had tried his hand at another venture?
If you want to check out my business concept, the link to my blog is attached below.
http://amshiremanblog.blogspot.com
Hi kaila,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the questions you decided to ask for your interview. Similar to me, you decided to ask questions that are a little bit deeper and require a little more substance to them then basic info on entrepreneurship. It's is definitely comforting to see that set backs are not the end of the world and do not automatically mean complete failure. If you are interested, here is the link to my blog post on this topic http://kwandersen.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-no-2.html?m=1