I will approach people who look like they are not in too much of a hurry and most likely people similar in age to me so they feel most comfortable. I will greet them with a hello and ask if they would like to have an extra dollar. If they ask why I will tell them it is for food like a mcchicken. I was only able to give away one of the bills. Most people responded with things like no or I don't want to take your money or thinking the money was counterfeit.
Hey Kaila, I had a similar strategy when starting the conversation with the random individuals. I would try to be very outgoing, friendly, and would tell the person that they seemed down, anxious, or just looked like someone could surprise them with a dollar. I did have 2 people reject my dollar. It's not as easy as you think! Check out the link to my Free Money post http://myufblog.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-money.html
Hi, Kaila! If we approach a similar exercise in the future, maybe try going up to a more diverse age group to see if you find any differences in the way people react. I wasn't able to upload videos, but I talked to three people roughly around my age, and two people who were quite older. What I found was that the younger crowd was willing to take it, but the older crowd wanted me to keep it! I guess it all depends on the approach too. Here is a link to my post: http://analeisent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/week-7-free-money.html
Hey Kaila,
ReplyDeleteI had a similar strategy when starting the conversation with the random individuals. I would try to be very outgoing, friendly, and would tell the person that they seemed down, anxious, or just looked like someone could surprise them with a dollar. I did have 2 people reject my dollar. It's not as easy as you think!
Check out the link to my Free Money post http://myufblog.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-money.html
Hi, Kaila! If we approach a similar exercise in the future, maybe try going up to a more diverse age group to see if you find any differences in the way people react. I wasn't able to upload videos, but I talked to three people roughly around my age, and two people who were quite older. What I found was that the younger crowd was willing to take it, but the older crowd wanted me to keep it! I guess it all depends on the approach too. Here is a link to my post: http://analeisent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/week-7-free-money.html
ReplyDelete