Sunday, February 7, 2016

Week 5 Reading Reflection

I thought the most surprising factor was that patents have a time duration. I was under the impression that once you secured a patent it was yours for eternity, I never realized they had a time limit.

I found the idea of trade secrets to be a little confusing. I always presumed that only ideas could be marked with ownership and never a production or marketing technique.

If I could ask the author any questions I would ask about more about the advantages and disadvantages of sole proprietorship's. Specifically what the time and emotional aspects are as well as how this works if a company is dissolved?

I wouldn't say the author was wrong to encourage business owners to handle matters within their "comfort zone" on their own because it does save legal costs but I would also be skeptical of owners biting off more than they can chew and thinking they have something handled when they actually don't and may have even broken a law along the way. I think it is advantageous to always at least seek some council even if you do the work yourself maybe get some validation before you start.

No comments:

Post a Comment