Sunday, February 28, 2016

Week 8 Reading Reflection

Sources of Capital for Entrepreneurs 

1. The biggest surprise for me while reading was the section on dispelling venture capital myths. I have not always heard good things about this and I found it surprising that the very first myth focused on firms controlling the business. There eye is focused on making sure the company is profitable which entails discouraging businesses from large scale decisions that could negatively impact their profit margins. 

2. I was confused by the idea of trade credit. This is not a term I am previously familiar with. The term trade confuses me in that usually a trade is a one time exchange of goods that are equal in value or demand. Why would a trade require payback in 30-90 days?

3. What causes these myths to still be so believable in the eye of the business? Which type of angel investor is most common?

4. I think it is possible that the author is wrong about debunking some of the myths. Sure, in a perfect world they may hope that these are not the goals of firms but that doesn't mean that these things haven't happened to some businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment