Person #1
1. For my person working in a similar domain I chose someone working in delivering cooked meals.
2. This fills the Domain Expert Slot.
3. I found this person originally through an add on instagram and then reached out tot hem by googling their company and emailing their contact link.
4. This person was happy to offer his input on my business idea without an exchange of anything in return.
5. Including this person in my network will help me identify what quality customers expect and what they are willing to pay.
Person #2
1. This persons background is in marketing and economics.
2. This fills the market expert.
3. I found this person through a service organization that I take part in. I reached out to them first through a mutual contact and then by text and email.
4. This person was happy to offer his input on my business idea without an exchange of anything in return.
5. This person enhances my opportunity because they can provide information on the statistics of good sales in the area.
Person #3
1. This person has a background in politics and history.
2. This fills the important supplier.
3. I received this contact through a mutual friend and contacted them through email.
4. This person was happy to offer his input on my business idea without an exchange of anything in return.
5. This person enhances my opportunity because they can provide information on the local demographics which will help me discern what areas my product will be best marketed.
Reflection:
This experience differed from those in the past mostly because the interactions took place over email versus a face to face exchange. I personally am more comfortable that way but it can be less personable.
Hi!
ReplyDeleteAll of the people you chose for your social capital all seem very good candidates for their respective positions! I agree that email is less personable but it does allow you to really think when responding and asking questions! Here's my blog! http://kellyquinnart.blogspot.com/2016/03/growing-my-social-capital.html
Hello,
ReplyDeleteIt's crazy how social media connects the world these days. You found your domain expert by looking on instagram. Somebody 20 years ago wouldn't have the luxury. It goes to show how marketing has changed and how that can potentially change your business plan! I also agree that face to face interviews can be a bit awkward and not as straight to the point.
Hope all is well.
Check out my blog at alexanderdavidknight.blogspot.com