Sunday, January 17, 2016

Bug List

Bugs Bunny here to tell you about what really BUGS me!



It really BUGS me when...

1. I buy a brand new to-go cup and it doesn't fit in my cup holder!
   -Many companies and factories make different sized cup for longer travel, cheaper production costs, eye appeal, etc.
2. I go to the grocery store and the bagger packs the items incorrectly and smashes the bread or cracks the eggs.
   -An attempt to  use less bags, maybe also a lack of resources and training time
3.  I have to pay money for checks to spend my own money.
   -To cover the cost of paper and ink and possibly to encourage online banking and save paper
4. I try to drive home on archer at 5:30 and it takes 30 minutes to go two miles.
   -Everyone is trying to go home when they get off work at 5
5. I order something online and it says its in stock and then my order is cancelled days later.
   -Probably a delay between orders being placed and the removal of a product from the internet
6. I look up an address for a business and then I drive their and its wrong.
   -Not all businesses remember to update all their listings
7. I order food to go and need 50 ketchup packets because each one carries one drop.
   -to save money and to not be wasteful
8. I need to get in my front door but its too dark to see any I spend thirty minutes trying to get inside.
   -Its dark in the evening and lights require electricity and more money. Also if your gone all day your not going to leave the light on until you return.
9. I order something online and its not standard size, its a sample size instead.
   -Not all sizes are universal. In addition sometimes sample sizes are listed at lower values to encourage buyers but people forget to read the details
10. I go to use a public restroom and there is no soap, toilet paper or paper towels.
   -Public restrooms get more foot traffic than private restrooms and companies don't always have the staff to continually stock restrooms
11. I open my blinds but then the cord is too long and either trips someone or is ripped down by a pet or child.
   -the cord becomes longer once you pull up the blinds and doesn't have a way to hang or shorten.
12. I put a shoe back on a toddler ten times in a row because they know how to use Velcro.
   -Children are beginning to learn basic skills.
13.  I try to go for a run but my headphones are tangled in a knot.
   -the material of the wires is easily tangled
14. I buy a new pair of leggings and the color comes straight off of them.
    -lack of manufacturing efforts, lack of regulations, cheap products
15. The oven is set to a certain temperature but burns or under cooks the food.
   -the thermostat is not in balance or regulated
16. I put popcorn in the microwave for the time listed in the box and then my kitchen is filled with smoke.
   -not all microwaves have the same watts and only certain packaging companies account for that in their directions
17.  Something is advertised as free but then at the last second asks you to enter a credit or debit card.
   -to encourage interest, once you have gone through the whole process and entered all your information you are so exited for it that you probably will just buy it
18. I pay for a trial or one time use of a product and forget to cancel and am charged again.
   -companies offer trials to get people interested knowing that most people will forget to cancel before the deadline and they will make more money.
19. I buy a whole loaf of bread but can't eat it fast enough as one person before it goes bad.
   -factories only make a standard loaf size, not half loafs
20. I buy a pair of jeans and the pockets are fake.
   -cheaper to manufacture

Reflection:
Coming up with this list was hard. Many things bug me but I've never sat down and tried to list them all. I think it is difficult because things only bug us when we experience them and trying to remember all of those experiences after they have happened is hard to do.




2 comments:

  1. LOL! I'm guessing you really thought back on some things that really bugged you. I love number 4, because it always amazes me how small Gainesville is, but how long it takes to get from point A to point B, especially on Archer at 5:30pm.I love the examples with the cheap material of clothing, too, because it literally happens all the time and makes me want to pay more for better quality clothing. I love this list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this list as I can agree with much of what was listed here. This assignment is very interesting because of its requirement that we attempt to explain the existence of these “bug.” I found myself reading your list and thinking “Yes! That is so annoying, why does that have to happen? Oh, there’s the explanation right there.” I completely agree with the fact that it is difficult to come up with example of things that bug us unless they are happen at that moment. If you’d like to read my list, here’s the link:
    http://madiganent.blogspot.com/2016/01/bug-list.html

    ReplyDelete