1. What is one reason you decided to be an entrepreneur and go into business for yourself?
I get to set my own schedule and can be in charge of my comings and goings. In the type of business that I am in as a horse trainer, our days start very early before the sun comes up and I am usually done by 10:00am each day.
Many days will not be easy. They key is to never give up. Like I said I've had over 2000 starts but I've only placed in the top three 810 times. Nothing goes as planned and quite often you have to use up plan A, B and C before plan D works out. Learn to expect the unexpected and learn to dust yourself off when you come up short and try again.
3. What are the negative parts of working for yourself and having your own business?
The hardest part is keeping reliable employees full year round. This business requires traveling up north and back down south multiple times a year. Keeping the same employees year to year can be a challenge. It is a very hard at times working 7 days a week.
For my reflection, I want to list another question I asked.
What is most rewarding part of your job?
With this particular job the most rewarding part for me is when we win a race. Especially if we are not the favorite or a long shot. It shows all the hard work and long hours paid off and the pay out is even better!
I think this sums up why everyone should want to be an entrepreneur. Every day there are new challenges and higher expectations to meet. Its a great feeling to overcome those obstacles and an even better feeling when people bet against you!
No comments:
Post a Comment