Sunday, February 28, 2016
Hal-Way Reflection
Future ENT3003 Student,
This class has made me try things I have never done before and has made me be accountable to myself. I have never taken a class where the grading was removed from personal basis. It is really unique and I enjoy it but at times its also a true test of character. It can be compelling to declare a point for an assignment when you forgot about it because the chances of getting caught may not be that high. However, I am proud of myself for never declaring points I did not earn and I have developed a better work ethic because of it.
I definitely wanted to give up when we started the interviewing assignments. I even thought about just skipping all of them (I skipped the first one) because I knew I could get extra credit from Yellowdig to make up for them.After I thought about ti I realized it was not worth it to not do the assignment just because it was out of my comfort zone. Besides, what if something came up later and I needed those extra credit points, why jeopardize my grade now? I'm glad I changed my mind and completed the second two assignments.
To Be Tenacious:
1. Don't doubt that you can do these assignments. They took me out of my comfort zone but I did them and you can too.
2. Prepare yourself for the work. Don't wait until Sunday morning to look at the assignment. Many of the assignments are simple and quick but you have to be prepared to make arrangements for them.
3. Take advantage of what you learn along the way. In the future, more things will strike that influence you to reconsider your path or even give up. Take advantage of the time now to learn skills and grow from other entrepreneurs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I really enjoyed your advice and think it would definitely help future students. The assignments do take you out of your comfort zone every time and it is hard to get used to it. This class is a great experience and you definitely show that in your reflection.
ReplyDeletecheck out my blog post here. http://darby95.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html
Wow that's great advice! I definitely agree that this class takes the students out of their comfort zone. I've had to do many things and approach many people that I would not normally have. Also I couldn't agree more with working ahead. Several assignments I have looked at a few hours before and had to rush to get them done. All-in-all, great advice! You can see my half-way reflection here: http://collinpd.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html
ReplyDelete