Thursday, February 11, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 1

I have personal experience working in Sales and experience traveling to foreign countries. I have personal skills in in time management, leadership and organization.

I am offering a delivery service of groceries who do not have the time or resources to shop.

My original demographic was primarily students and especially those without cars. After some comments from peers I have concluded that it may be advantageous to include adults in the surrounding area who would be willing to pay more for this service than a college student.

People will pay for this service because they value the time with their families and time for studies. Also some students do not have transportation means and are willing to pay a fee to overcome this obstacle.

What sets me apart is that I am a college student here on campus and I know the campus well and students would not feel uncomfortable dealing with someone their age. Also I am not aware of any other business offering this service.

I believe that all of these things combine together to make a solid business model. I think I need to strengthen my focus on a demographic and determine how advantageous it is to do more vs less customers.


3 comments:

  1. While I have my own car, I can see how this could be beneficial to people, especially college students. I think it could work best as an app. Maybe like students with cars helping other students. It could be like Uber where you hook up your credit/ debit card- I feel like if were students helping other students that could be safer. Just a suggestion :) Good idea though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaila,
    I think this is a very good idea! However, I have notcied a common theme between many of our classmates over a grocery or party delivery service. If you truly believe this would be effective and profitable, I would work quickly on building it up so that you can beat your opponents. The only problem I see with it is it may require some initial start-up fees, such as designing an app and paying for the cars in use. keep up the great work! Here is the link to my Idea Napkin! http://adventuresofentrepreneurship.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kaila,

    I currently work for Publix and recently an outside company signed a contract to work with Publix providing this service. The company is called "Shipt." I just spoke with one of the employees at Shipt and they said they can see a list of people that want their groceries delivered and you can pick and choose who you shop for. The woman I spoke to said she made 20/hr shopping for other people plus the buyers tip them as well. It seems to be working pretty well for this company, maybe you could improve on some of their ideas to create a better competitor. Most of the consumers are the elderly that cannot go out shopping anymore.

    You can check out my blog in the link below.
    http://rogerstrobert.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete