Target Customers:
Horseman without trailers. These are usually those people who are either just starting out or are elderly and do not have the means to transport their horses to and from different places.
Unmet needs:
Horse transportation
Hay & Feed transport
Customer Source:
Customers found through local veterinarian facilities and local feed stores.
Customer Demographics:
Age: Primarily early 30's to late 50's
Gender: Primarily Male
Farm Size: 20 head and larger
Media use:
Customers have access to a very popular horse magazine know as The Wire.
Reflection:
Overall, this business owner has a good understanding of his client base and needs. I think he needs to expand what he believes is his primary client base because some of the customers I spoke to believe that the larger farms need this kind of service. They definitely own their own trailers but they don't have enough of them or time to use them. His source for customers is a good start but he should also include the track and sale grounds. His media choice was a perfect match for the customers.
Hi, I really enjoyed hearing out your blog post as well as watching the videos. I was extremely impressed by how you set up your information. It was straight to the point and something that could be easily read. I think you did a GREAT job in doing just that. I wish I would of thought to do that. Instead mine are all jumbled together in one huge paragraph! Thanks for your post! Also here is mine to check out! It's not that great but maybe something to see! http://juliannacaroline25.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-twenty-precent-week-8.html
ReplyDeleteHey Kalia, it was really interesting reading about an industry that I am unfamiliar with. I think it is commendable that you want to have such a specialized business. While your questions seemed well put together, I was unfortunately unable to hear the answers! It seemed like you found a good business owner to talk to so at least you were able to benefit from his answers. You did a good job despite the sound problem.
ReplyDeleteHey Kaila,
ReplyDeleteI believe it is amazing that as the semester goes by, I am able to see and read about business and industries that I have never heard about. The horse transportation industry is really important in this sector of the country and I thanks to your post, I was able to ready that the owner of this business has a good understanding of the unmet needs that he is solving on his clients. It seems that you chose a good owner to search from and I think that this could be helpful for you in the future. Great job! Take a look at my post and let me know what you think about it.
Here is the link: http://alejandroentrepreneurship.blogspot.com/2016/02/how-to-find-your-best-customers-twenty.html
First off that is such a niche business and that's a really cool idea. Your interview questions to the owner had very good answers and it sounds like the owner has a good grasp on their business targeted customers. Also your customer interviews were really good! Very good job with assignment, you can see my post here: http://collinpd.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-twenty-percent.html
ReplyDelete