Sunday, March 13, 2016

My Secret Sauce

Mature: I knew I took on more adult responsibilities than the average teenager growing up, but coming to college showed me that I had already learned a lot of skills about the real world and I am thankful for being put in the situation I was for this opportunity to grow. It made me who I am.

Fair: I don't believe that life is fair. However, I do believe that when given the option, we should try to make it as fair as we can. I do what I can equally for everyone and if I have to do a little more for someone to see that they get the same treatment, I will. 

Open to change: Change is not always good or fun but its a big part of growth. I have moved many many times, started new schools and explored new places. Change should be welcomed as a chance to experience more about life and we shouldn't shelter ourselves from that. I am open to change and new experiences.

Driven: Nothing is handed to you. Life is about enjoying the benefits and triumphs of a hard days work. I have always had a strong work ethic and no matter what I do, on big or small scale, I am driven to complete it at 110% effort. 

Inventive: I accept challenges and I come up with new ways to tackle them. I love to be challenged and I love getting the job that everyone else thinks is impossible to pull off because when I succeed their faces make a great picture :) 



My friends describe me often as passionate and kind hearted. They say often that I put other people before myself and I think that has a lot to do with the qualities I listed. I want life to be as fair as possible for people and I'm driven to give people equal opportunity. I wouldn't change the list that I made for myself because I think the qualities listed match my personality but I think my friends also listed things that could be added. 


3 comments:

  1. Hey!

    I'd like to hear more about how moving a lot before college changed your viewpoints. I stayed int he same town and went to the same school K-12, so this is a very interesting point for me, and something I could definitely learn from you about.
    My dad always tried to reinforce putting in 110% effort, this driven value really resonated with me. "If you're not going to do something 100%, then don't do it at all."

    Unfortunately I didn't make the Secret Sauce blog entry, but here is a link to my blog: http://jrozent3003.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you listed the trait of being mature, especially in this day and age, maturity is more than just acting a certain way but thinking and reacting in different situations. I like the fact that you take a lot upon yourself, because that is honestly how you learn. Overall, just by reading your post, I can tell you are a driven and ambitious person who actually works hard, as opposed to waiting for something to be given. I highly respect that. If you are interested in checking my blog out: http://laurenent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-secret-sauce.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kaila,
    I really think that being mature is a great quality. Going to college, you would think that it would make people grow up and mature, but many times that is not the case. I also think that being open to change is important. We just had an assignment for my Management class and we had to do an assessment to check our level of tolerance to uncertainty, and then discuss about it. Many people are scared of change, but it is important to learn to tolerate it.
    Here is the link to my blog, if you want to check it out: http://theroadtoentrepreneurship.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete