From my last blog post, it is clear that I have a history of agriculture. It really started to bloom in the fourth grade when I raised my first chicken for the festival. After that, I began to take agriculture classes. Ag provided me many opportunities to act like an entrepreneur.
My most vivid memory is of the time in eighth grade when I was in charge of putting together a school carnival for a fundraiser.
It took a lot of time and effort. I had to work with many different teams and pull everyone together to focus on one goal, raising money for our program. Overall the carnival was a huge success and we raised a few thousand dollars.
I want to take this class because I think even if you don't plan to run your own company it is important to gain those skills. It is important to be innovative thinkers and act with passion. I think this class prepares people for the world.
Kaila


Kaila I really liked your story. In high school I was also driven to take on tasks such as forming my school's first gardening club and becoming its Vice President. I enjoy agriculture as well! Another thing I enjoyed about your post is that you talked about your own entrepreneurial spirit instead of another person's. To become an entrepreneurial ourselves we not only should look to others (for example- my father to me) yet see our own hidden talents. I am positive you will thrive in this class.
ReplyDeleteGreat story, Kaila! That is very impressive that you arranged a school carnival while in the eighth grade! Your management skills and creative thinking really are indicative that you could be a very successful entrepreneur one day. I could not agree with you more that passion and innovation are some of the most important factors in the business world and life. I have attached a link below to my story if you would like to read it. You can see how I am inspired by those who are very important to me:
ReplyDeletehttp://michaelsichel.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html#comment-form