2. Child Neglect/Abuse: Not every home is safe for children. Fortunately many of these cases are uncovered by teachers once children are enrolled in school. I think additional measures should be made by school counselors to observe children and parent behaviors. Also more should be done to reduce the time, stress and money it takes to adopt a child. Many people want to adopt but cant get through the process.
3. Domestic Abuse: No one should fear for their personal safety. Everyone should play a bigger role in advertising the rights of everyone not just one gender or the other.
4. Animal Abuse/Neglect: Shelters around the world are filling with animals and cant care for any additional pets. More should be done to brief people before they adopt. No one should adopt a pet and than a few days or weeks later decide they don't want a pet or cant care for one.
5. Deforestation: It is important that we moderate the amount of construction and deforestation that we allow to happen. We must take measures to replace the trees and plants we destroy in other places. Wildlife needs to be allowed to flourish.
7. Global Warming: Our actions are depleting the ozone layer and we need to be conscious of those actions and take steps to reduce how much we use that negatively impacts the planet.
8. Pollution: The population is growing and that means so does our waste pile. Recycling and reusing products is not encouraged as much as it should be. Every school and business should have recycling options to help take care of the planet.
9. Homelessness: Many people are without homes. Some of them beg for money on the street side. With the amount of abandoned homes in the world much could be done to provide homes for people without them. Social service projects could be started for them to pay off the debts or mortgages without having money to pay. They could even help to fix up their own homes and others.
10. Drug/Human/etc Trafficking: Crime is a problem across the globe and negatively impacts many aspects of peoples lives. We should tighten boarder control and implement new government procedures to worsen the punishment for these offenses and improve the arrest rates.
Yo Kaila. I definitely agree with most of the problems on your list. Especially domestic abuse. I have two sisters and when I hear about people like Ray Rice knocking his girlfriend out in an elevator and other similar stories, it makes me very afraid and angry when I imagine my sisters in the same situation. And though I agree that some of these are big problems that in theory I would want to rid the world of, I also believe that there will always be starving, homeless, poor people especially in a Capitalistic economy like the US has. Here's my blog in case you want to check it out. http://joebestblog.blogspot.com/2016/01/worlds-biggest-problems.html
ReplyDelete